Sunday, April 7, 2024

WAVES AND SHADOWS April 7, 2024


"For God is not a God of confusion but of peace." I Corinthians 14:33  NASB



October 18     3:45AM

I finally talked to BW's nurse just now. He's fully intubated and resting. His SATS are at about 88. They've added a blood pressure medication.

We will not be able to see him.

And now we wait.

And pray.

And pray some more.


FACEBOOK entry to family and friends:

I've felt in my spirit all day that BW would need extraordinary help to move past his inability to breathe. An attempt to use a bi-pap was not successful so he will be placed on a ventilator. He may already be on one.

The horror I've felt and expressed over ventilators is not in me tonight. I'm at peace  because I've listened to him struggle for every breath. My apologies for posting such a sensitive message here, but it's the only way I feel I can honor each one of you, our prayer warriors who have supported us with your love and prayers these days. 

God is able. He loves BW/Bud more than all of us together. His prayer for tonight (and mine) is for you to know the hope and peace that only comes from a personal relationship with Jesus. He is our strength, our ever-present help in times of danger.

God, You are good because You are (still) our ever-present help...


2 comments:

Mary LaFrance said...

The "11th hour" that day must have felt like an eternity. You were numb and yet full of God's grace as you continued to keep family and friends posted through text messages or phone calls. We too were waiting with baited breath for the miracle healing. In God's plan, timing and will, BW received the heavenly healing from our Father, which is by far even greater. I continue to pray for you daily through the waves and shadows, because no one can retell the true story from your heart, like you who has gone through it.

Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might...He will call us home when it's our turn, either in earthly death or the Rapture.

Be blessed dear sister...as you are blessing many people in your pathway.

Love you forever,
Mary LaFrance

Anonymous said...

Mary, you are a blessing, and you always know what to say. Again...thank you.