Friday, April 26, 2024

WAVES AND SHADOWS April 26, 2024

October 26, 2021

"Lord, don't hold back Your tender mercies from me. Let Your unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me."  Psalm 40:11 NLT


I woke up early this Tuesday morning with the touch of three kisses. At first I thought it was a dream, but was it really? It woke me up. I didn't "see" it. I felt it. I would really love more of those visits, but if I only get one, thank You for that. The memory will be with me forever.


Lord, the waves of grief have arrived. The sinking feeling of the future I face without BW. I take a deep breath, ask You to help me and wait for the wave (and the chest pains) to move through.

Thank You for the family and close friends I can call at any time. But mostly for Gea and Mandy who bring love and strength even as their own hearts are breaking.

Thank you for the beautiful and safe home that BW brought us to, the one You provided.

"Where tomorrow starts without me, please try to understand 
  That an angel came and called my name,
  And took me by the hand;

 The angel said my place was ready in Heaven far above,
 And I'd have to leave behind 
 All those I dearly love.

 But when I walked through Heaven's gates I felt so much at home
 For God looked down, smiled at me,
 and told me, 'Welcome home.'

 So when tomorrow starts without me, don't think we're far apart,
 For every time you think of me,
 I'm right there in your heart."                          
 COPIED

"Be strong and of a good courage, do not be afraid...for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6   NASB

God, You are good because You use past memories and current blessings to let me know You are with me and You'll never forsake me.






2 comments:

Mary LaFrance said...

I can imagine the sweet gift of the kiss you felt on your cheek that morning. It must have felt like winning the lottery but even so much better. You are right in the fact that you can call any number of people, day or night, we are still right here for you.

The poem you included is so appropriate and fitting. I'm sure Bud sometimes is anxiously awaiting the day when he gets to look upon your beautiful face and gentle spirit once again.

Blessings to you as always as you wait upon the Lord each day.

With love and appreciation,
Mary LaFrance

Nancy K. Sullivan said...

Thank you, Mary. God has blessed us with caring family and friends who definitely make a difference in this journey. Thank you for your constant prayers and friendship.