Saturday, March 30, 2024

WAVES AND SHADOWS March 30, 2024

October 16, 2021

"You will go out with joy and be led out in peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees in the fields will clap their hands."  Isaiah 55:12


I come to You as October 16 begins - during the dreaded nighttime hours when the discourager, the enemy, slides out of his hole dragging fear, dread, and doubt into our lives.

Tonight I pray against him, against this evil attack on body and spirit. He is bound by Your power, Your sovereignty, Your omniscience, Your omnipresence. We need to fully lean on You knowing you are with BW when I can't be. When our daughters can't be. There's no room for the enemy's presence with him or with us.

Please bring healing and peace, the very things that define Your Holy Trinity into BW's room, into his heart, mind, soul, and his struggling lungs. Overtake every organism that seeks to destroy him. Please. 

In the name of Jesus I pray.

"I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay. And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear And will trust in the Lord."  Psalm 40:1-3.


God, you are good because You lean in to hear my cry and You pull me up and set my feet upon a rock, making my footsteps firm. You give me a new song of peace to give back to you.


October 16, 2021  Evening

"God will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 8:21

Father, I do thank you for the help You provided that opened up his  lungs and breathing passages. Please hold them open through the night. Fill his lungs with Your breath, Your Spirit, Your healing. Please, Lord.

Thank You.

I praise You for Who You are and for all the  mighty things You have done and are going to do. May it begin now, in Jesus name, the name above all names.

"Whom have I in heaven but you. And besides You I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For, behold, those who are far from You will perish; You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You. But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge That I may tell of all Your works."      Psalm 73:25-28.

God, You are good because You are the strength of our hearts and our portion forever. The nearness of You is our good. You are our refuge, our Lord God.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your writing goes deep into the heart and soul of what clinging to God through faith and trust looks like in every way.

Keep going with the waves and shadows as your writing is being used to strengthen all who read it๐Ÿ’

I'm so proud of you...Mary LaFrance

Nancy K. Sullivan said...

Mary LaFrance, thank you for always being supportive with your prayers and your words of encouragement. God bless you, My Friend.