Friday, April 12, 2024

WAVES AND SHADOWS April 11, 2024

October 18, 2021

"How blessed is he who considers the helpless; the Lord will deliver him in a day of trouble. The Lord will protect him and keep him alive, And he shall be called blessed upon the earth, And do not give him over to the desire of his enemies."
Psalm 41:1-2



Lord,

You took my love tonight. My soul mate. I pleaded with You to heal him and bring him home to me. 

But Your ways are higher.

You spared BW anymore illness or grief from bring separated from us those last 11 days. You restored him completely and brought him into eternity with You. I begged You to heal him and let him stay with us, but it wasn't Your plan

Every inch of his body must have begged him to call it a day from his work, day after day. But he remained willing and faithful to the only thing he knew - hard physical labor. 

He was becoming tired more easily than he used to. How could I begrudge him the rest he now has with you. I read that we will still have jobs to do for You, but without the drudgery (though BW never saw his work in that way.) His lungs will never again be attacked by pollen, dust, smoke, or construction debris. Or the evil attack of COVID.

Please tell him every day how much I love him. I want to work hard to finish the task You've set before me so I can join him.

This was his appointed time, not to die, but to become more alive than he ever was here, even though he lived each day to its fullest.

My heart is broken. Our daughters' hearts are broken. Peggy's and Jim's hearts are broken and everyone who ever knew and loved him. 

We are crushed. But You will be with us.

You already are. You showed us with the miracle of Gea, Mandy, and I getting to spend those precious 4 1/2 final hours with him. (That hospital policy had been changed only the night before tonight.)  We used that time to pour our love and gratitude into him for the love he showered on us. For being a godly husband and dad. A godly person to everyone. He was already in a coma, but we trusted that his hearing was truly there until his final breath.


God, You are good because You sent Your Son to make a way for us to be reunited with him and in Your presence for eternity. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tears fill my eyes once again just like they did on 10/18/21.

My heart aches for you dear Nancy as I read your gut wrenching, yet words of strength, to the world.

I pray the tenfold blessing be evident to you for being a faithful servant, wife, mother, sister, grandma, aunt, cousin and friend.

You remain strong just like the leather of BW's work gloves, as you toil each day to build and construct a roof over the foundation of your faith. The waves and shadows of emotions will not knock you down, but rather build you up as you help others along the way.

Thank you my trusted and faithful friend๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’

Mary LaFrance

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mary. I'm in Good Hands.