Friday, March 22, 2024

WAVES AND SHADOWS March 22, 2024

October 13, 2021  

“The Lord is near the brokenhearted; He saves those crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18 CSB 

 

Lord, I’m praying for “Jill”, this angel of mercy who joined our tough family discussion last night. 

These frontline nurses watching over loved ones, many of whom are like Bud: Sick. Alone. Facing uncertainty. Yet the ones watching over the many patients always take the time for phone calls from spouses and children, reassuring them as much as they dare without empty promises for the future because they can’t know. That’s God’s privileged information. 

When I called just now at 2:30 AM, Jill said BW was resting and really doing “well”. I told her that given our earlier conversation, it sounded like we are getting mixed messages about his condition. She assured me that he is nowhere near needing a ventilator. I asked if she had seen patients come back from conditions like his tonight without a ventilator. She said she definitely has. So, we wait and continue to pray. I pray for BW’s healing and that it will begin at this moment.  

And I pray for all the “Jill’s” and the “Daniels” to be blessed beyond measure, and for them to stay healthy and strong. That their rest will be sweet and magnified many times over the actual moments of rest. I pray for their families to be supportive and kind. 


 “I sought the Lord, and He answered me. And delivered me from all my fears.”  Psalm 34:4 


God, You are good because You give us angels who wear simple scrubs and make them look like velvet robes fit for royalty. 

 


 






2 comments:

Mary LaFrance said...

Thank you including Bible verses that flow with your posts. You inspire me to dig deeper in the the realm of His Word. I'm so thankful for your compassion as your write and share these difficult moments. Whoever ends up reading your posts will glean a lot from them...Keep going my friend...keep going.

Mary LaFrance

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Mary. I run to the Lord by running to His Word.